Commodore Retro Amiga Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are C.R.A.P. & proud of it...

Most Recent Posts
Show Latest Posts
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 226 on 17/9/2021, 15:51
Newest Member
https://crap.forumotion.co.uk/u105
Poll

Best / Worst Amiga Company...

View results

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» AmigaKit / A-EON Fanboys: Are They Really So Pathetic !!!
by Franko 13/6/2015, 15:49

» A-EON: The False Gawds & Self Proclaimed Saviours Of Amiga
by Franko 7/6/2015, 03:09

» Teh MooBunny Is Dead... OFFICIAL...
by Franko 6/4/2015, 06:53

» Best Solitaire...
by J_Golden 24/8/2013, 17:15

» Dirwork 2.1 informations, config files, and other fun stuff
by TheBilgeRat 9/5/2013, 17:29

» OFFICIAL: THE AMIGA IS DEAD...
by Franko 26/2/2013, 05:19

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down  FastATA MK4 Installation [Page 1 of 1]

1FastATA MK4 Installation Empty FastATA MK4 Installation 8/9/2012, 18:05

Amiga4000

Amiga4000
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
OK, so I finally got around to pre-fitting the FastATA Mk4 in the 1200. I do have an Indivision AGA so no, there's no room for the keyboard. Good to know so I set out to find a solution and came across this http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=64319 . Looks good to me so I ordered the wire wrap sockets which arrived today (and have not been installed yet). After the pre-fit of the contoller everythng fired up OK and I installed the software without the Allegro CDFS as I have ASIM CDFS currently installed (remember I stuffed ASIM into my Startup Group which may have some bad side effects). I rebooted after software install and got an error immediately (which I forgot and didn't write down) from the controller software) so I removed the controller and put everything back and the 1200 fired up OK again. Anyhoo, after surgery on the ROM sockets as described at EAB I'll try to resolve controller software issues (I may be doing a full OS3.5 reinstall though!). More to come! Wink

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
Eeek... glad I've never had to do that with my FastATA boards... Surprised

The error you got wasn't by any chance "Can't Find The Fast ATA Board" was it !!!

It would be a good idea to remove the ASIM stuff as Allegro CDFS is much faster and better, especially if your going to attach a DVD burner... Smilie

Be nice to see some speed test when you get it up and running to compare it against the MK III versions I use (never seen anyone yet report the speeds for the MK4 version)...

Did you get version 10.0 of the ATA3.driver like it says on the Amigakit site, I keep checking the Elbox site but for some reason they only have up to version 8.8 available for download...

https://crap.forumotion.co.uk

Amiga4000

Amiga4000
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
Franko wrote:Eeek... glad I've never had to do that with my FastATA boards... Surprised

The error you got wasn't by any chance "Can't Find The Fast ATA Board" was it !!!

I didn't write it down as I was thinking I have to fire it back up after I get everything reinstalled anyway and worry about it later (I was just so happy it fired back up normally!) but I think the software didn't install correctly of didn't modify the startup correctly - we'll have to check it out later.

It would be a good idea to remove the ASIM stuff as Allegro CDFS is much faster and better, especially if your going to attach a DVD burner... Smilie

Yes I'll try to remove the ASIM stuff first (hopefully with some magic Frank help!) without reinstalling OS3.5. The goal is to get a slim DVD burner fitted into the wedge case! Smilie

Be nice to see some speed test when you get it up and running to compare it against the MK III versions I use (never seen anyone yet report the speeds for the MK4 version)...

Will gladely do that after everything is working properly! Fingers crossed... Rolling Eyes And we can post here. Very Happy

Did you get version 10.0 of the ATA3.driver like it says on the Amigakit site, I keep checking the Elbox site but for some reason they only have up to version 8.8 available for download...

Not sure which version of software came with the controller - the disk doesn't state which version Crying or Very sad Hmmm, if it's V10.0 might have to ADF the bad boy for you! Twisted Evil

And the wonderful world of Amiga mods continues! Hopefully I'll get back to work on it early next week! Will take pics too! Cool

Sponsored content

Back to top FastATA MK4 Installation [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum