Rechercher Advanced Search

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down  Newbie Here [Page 1 of 1]

1 Newbie Here on 17/1/2012, 00:11

prabmire

A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
Hey all,

I'm prab, 24 from Bromley SE London, people say i'm too young to be into retro but i don't consider myself young, granted the first machines i used were the NES then the A500 which my dad bought brand new in 89 and still works perfectly today (had to replace the FDD), i look forward to chatting all things amiga with you guys! and all things retro in the non amiga sections!

Prab

View user profile

2 Re: Newbie Here on 17/1/2012, 00:26

Franko

Admin
Admin
Hi Prab... & welcome to the world of C.R.A.P. Very Happy

You're never too old or too young to be into Retro, in fact the younger you are the better cos that means you've got decades of Retro collecting ahead of you... Smilie

At my age that makes me Retro but not very collectable, even the ex-wife dumped me for a newer model... Sad

Still it has it's benefits... means I get to try out some newer models meself... Wink

Feel free to ramble on about anything you want here, just make sure it goes in the appropriate section and most importantly have fun ... Smilie

Awe Ra Best & Welcome...

Franko

3 Re: Newbie Here on 17/1/2012, 00:36

prabmire

A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
Will do matey, going to concentrate on getting more original games for my A500, i have plenty of originals from back in the day but back then everyone just copied games for everyone haha, also got my hands on an STFM lately with 40 boxed games and several lose, got a load of other consoles i play and collect for aswell Smilie

Prab

View user profile

4 Re: Newbie Here on 17/1/2012, 00:44

Franko

Admin
Admin
Only got Amiga's, C64's, VIC 20's and a few SNES consoles myself...

Been into them since I got my first VIC 20 nearly 32 years ago in 1980, then came the C64 and finally the Amiga in 86 which I've used everyday since... Smilie

Got a really neat little gadget a couple of months ago for the SNES called the EverDrive. It stores all your SNES games on an SD card and means I can keep my prized SNES RPG games safely tucked away so they don't get damaged... Smilie

5 Re: Newbie Here on 17/1/2012, 00:53

prabmire

A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
Everdrives are awesome, eventually i'll get them for all my machines, i hope they develop everdrive for the atari lynx and jag, i'll post up my consoles list in the other thread

Prab

View user profile

6 Re: Newbie Here on 17/1/2012, 00:56

Franko

Admin
Admin
I wish they'd develop them for the Amiga C64 & VIC 20... Smilie

I do have the MMC for the C64 mind you which uses SD cards but you can't buy them anymore and I'd like one for each of my C64's...

7 Re: Newbie Here on 17/1/2012, 01:10

prabmire

A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
Yeah, i need to get my hands on Satandisk for the Atari ST

View user profile

8 Re: Newbie Here on 17/1/2012, 18:37

Darrin

A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
You must have been very young when you dad got that A500. Can you remember what games you first played on it?

9 Re: Newbie Here on 17/1/2012, 20:13

prabmire

A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
Darrin wrote:You must have been very young when you dad got that A500. Can you remember what games you first played on it?

I just checked the receipt, my dad got it in 1990 with the batman pack, came with a few games and word processor stuff, the first games i played were california games, Batman, ermm moonshine racers, thundercats, i had older sisters so they would set the games up and i would just be handed a joystick, i still have fond memories which are crystal clear in my head Smilie

View user profile

10 Re: Newbie Here on 17/1/2012, 22:21

Lord Spunky

A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
Nice mate, I remember getting my first A500 in the early 90's and playing Batman, and many more random games, the one that got me was Dune 2 & The Settlers......

Main Two Systems:
Commodore Amiga 4000 - 3.1 ROM's / Workbench 3.1 / 2MB ChipRAM / Cyberstorm2 68040 @40MHz, 32MB FastRAM / Picasso MKIV / 4GB CF-IDE HDD / CD-ROM
Amiga Inc. Amiga 1200 - 3.1 ROM's / Workbench 3.1 / 2MB ChipRAM / 8MB FastRAM / 4GB CF-IDE HDD
Commodore
C-16 / C-Plus/4 / C-VIC20 x2 / C-64 / C-64C x2
Commodore Amiga
A500 x3 / A600 x4 / A1200 x3 / A1500 x2 / CD32 / CDTV
View user profile http://www.obsoletecomputermuseum.co.uk

11 Re: Newbie Here on 17/1/2012, 23:01

prabmire

A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
I could never do the hairspray level in batman haha

View user profile

12 Re: Newbie Here on 18/1/2012, 03:41

Mech

Absolute Beginner
Absolute Beginner
Franko wrote:I wish they'd develop them for the Amiga C64 & VIC 20...

I do have the MMC for the C64 mind you which uses SD cards but you can't buy them anymore and I'd like one for each of my C64's...

Franko, get a Uiec/SD from JIM BRAIN.. excellent way to use SD on the c64 (jiffy dos is recommended!).
It actually uses the MMC's same firmware.

http://store.go4retro.com/

Mech

View user profile

13 Re: Newbie Here on 18/1/2012, 04:05

Franko

Admin
Admin
Mech wrote:Franko, get a Uiec/SD from JIM BRAIN.. excellent way to use SD on the c64 (jiffy dos is recommended!).
It actually uses the MMC's same firmware.

http://store.go4retro.com/

Mech

I have read about them but not sure how good they are as I don't have a floppy drive for the C64...

The MMC does the job perfectly especially after I wrote my own BIOS for it that allows you to load into the entire memory (under the ROMS), so all those old games I have that were copied years ago using my own Turbo Saver/Loader that I wrote decades ago load up & work fine from the MMC... Smilie

The original BIOS for the MMC didn't allow you to load/save "under the ROMS" ie: the entire memory from $400 to $ffff... Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top Newbie Here [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum