Commodore Retro Amiga Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are C.R.A.P. & proud of it...

Most Recent Posts
Show Latest Posts
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 226 on 17/9/2021, 15:51
Newest Member
https://crap.forumotion.co.uk/u105
Poll

Best / Worst Amiga Company...

What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_lcap112%What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_rcap1 12% [ 18 ]
What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_lcap121%What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_rcap1 21% [ 32 ]
What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_lcap132%What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_rcap1 32% [ 49 ]
What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_lcap16%What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_rcap1 6% [ 10 ]
What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_lcap16%What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_rcap1 6% [ 9 ]
What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_lcap18%What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_rcap1 8% [ 13 ]
What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_lcap16%What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_rcap1 6% [ 9 ]
What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_lcap110%What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_rcap1 10% [ 15 ]

Total Votes : 155

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» AmigaKit / A-EON Fanboys: Are They Really So Pathetic !!!
by Franko 13/6/2015, 15:49

» A-EON: The False Gawds & Self Proclaimed Saviours Of Amiga
by Franko 7/6/2015, 03:09

» Teh MooBunny Is Dead... OFFICIAL...
by Franko 6/4/2015, 06:53

» Best Solitaire...
by J_Golden 24/8/2013, 17:15

» Dirwork 2.1 informations, config files, and other fun stuff
by TheBilgeRat 9/5/2013, 17:29

» OFFICIAL: THE AMIGA IS DEAD...
by Franko 26/2/2013, 05:19

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Makes The Amiga Special...

What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_lcap116%What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_rcap1 16% [ 8 ]
What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_lcap116%What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_rcap1 16% [ 8 ]
What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_lcap112%What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_rcap1 12% [ 6 ]
What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_lcap16%What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_rcap1 6% [ 3 ]
What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_lcap16%What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_rcap1 6% [ 3 ]
What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_lcap112%What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_rcap1 12% [ 6 ]
What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_lcap14%What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_rcap1 4% [ 2 ]
What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_lcap14%What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_rcap1 4% [ 2 ]
What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_lcap118%What Makes The Amiga Special... Vote_rcap1 18% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 49
Back

Go down  What Makes The Amiga Special... [Page 1 of 1]

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
Which of the following makes the Amiga something special to you that even after all these years that makes you still want to use it... Smilie

1: It's OS...
2: It's Hardware...
3: It's Software...
4. It's Graphics...
5. It's Audio...
6. It's Different...
7. Easy To Use...
8. Easy To Program...
9. Easy To Customise...
10. It's Simply The Best...

For me it's all of the above... Smilie

Only thing I never quite liked about the Amiga is it's lack of Chip RAM (Gfx Memory), often wonder if something as simple as having more Chip RAM would have led to bigger & better things back in the day... :scratch:

Other than that, there has never been anything like it and sadly probably never will be again... Crying or Very sad

Still, I've got enough of them to last me till I kick the bucket, so I'm happy... Smilie

https://crap.forumotion.co.uk

2Happy Autoconfig rocked 23/1/2012, 22:06

Mech

Mech
Absolute Beginner
Absolute Beginner
i agree with all the above franko, but to me autoconfig was one of the best and smartest things to ever come about on the amiga. this was in days when people were fighting with irq's and jumpers on dos box stuff and running out of IRQ's. We were so lucky to not have to bother with that nonsense.

Mech

Lord Spunky

Lord Spunky
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
Has to be all the above. For me, it was the whole package - a bit like the reason people buy Mac's. A nice looking all in one with THE best OS, and those custom chips Very Happy

http://www.obsoletecomputermuseum.co.uk

MrDBUG

MrDBUG
Absolute Beginner
Absolute Beginner
The whole package, the tight integration of chips and OS.

XDelusion

XDelusion
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
For me it's your momma..,

and all the above.

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
XDelusion wrote:For me it's your momma..,

Spot the necrophiliac... Shocked

https://crap.forumotion.co.uk

iggybeans

iggybeans
Absolute Beginner
Absolute Beginner
XDelusion wrote:For me it's your momma..,

and all the above.

For me, its X's picture and the OS.
Everything else is dated (but fun).

motrucker

motrucker
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
When I got into this computer, it was all of the above. After a few years when the A1200 came out - I was in heaven. As old as it is now, it's still great.

Bunders

Bunders
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
The hardware reference manuals costing about the same as any other textbook, hardware that was ahead of its time, way cheaper than the competition (excluding atari?) and was complimented so well by an OS that was perfect for the hardware and good enough for a single user system of the time (before the internet and keystroke loggers e.t.c.)

I think the fact that it made all aspects of computing accessible for such a modest personal outlay had a lot to do with the demoscene and the aminet mentality (PD, Shareware, Freeware) and no doubt piracy as well.

I think one of the hardest things to explain to non-amigans is that the pain of googling through page after page of expensive crapware advertis-sites just to find a simple utility for a simple job isn't actually necessary at all in either computer science or society at large.

I suppose the android marketplace is kind of the same.

anyway, rant over.

(Hi all)

Sponsored content

Back to top What Makes The Amiga Special... [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum