Amiga4000

A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty

Lord Spunky

A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
rofl

Main Two Systems:
Commodore Amiga 4000 - 3.1 ROM's / Workbench 3.1 / 2MB ChipRAM / Cyberstorm2 68040 @40MHz, 32MB FastRAM / Picasso MKIV / 4GB CF-IDE HDD / CD-ROM
Amiga Inc. Amiga 1200 - 3.1 ROM's / Workbench 3.1 / 2MB ChipRAM / 8MB FastRAM / 4GB CF-IDE HDD
Commodore
C-16 / C-Plus/4 / C-VIC20 x2 / C-64 / C-64C x2
Commodore Amiga
A500 x3 / A600 x4 / A1200 x3 / A1500 x2 / CD32 / CDTV
View user profile http://www.obsoletecomputermuseum.co.uk

Kesa

A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
Hey that's funny! Good one!

View user profile

Franko

Admin
Admin
Gawd... I hate these videos where they get some twat to put on a fake Scottish accent and try to be funny... Sad

It wouldn't be so bad if they'd actually get the words & meaning they're saying right but they don't even take the time to do that... Mad As Hell

First off... A "Jammie Dodger" no matter where you go in the UK is a biscuit... Rolling Eyes

What he's referring too is a "Jeely Piece" or a "Jam Sandwich" which is jam spread on a slice of bread and made into a sandwich... Wink

Please note: The Jeely piece in the above picture is a modern new fangled "healthy" one made with brown bread (boak) and should in fact have been made in the traditional way using a Plain loaf... Sad

A Plain Loaf or Plain Breid as it should be called...

and also "Chip Buttie" is an English only term and not used here in Scotland, in Scotland any kind of sandwich here is called a "Piece" in this case its a "Piece n Chips" ... Wink

As for poxie mobile phones, ye kin stuff rem up yer bahookie... Puke

They tried them once before here and they failed miserably (as we tend to use the string for shoe laces or holding up oor troosers)... Smilie

Noo... apert frea huvin tae point oot awe ray wee mistakes, ra vidjeo oan ra uther hawn wiz actshuly quite funny... Very Happy

Kesa

A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
In Australia we have our own version of the chip sandwich. It's basically a meat pie in a sandwich. Hint - it works best if you divide the single pie into 2 separate sandwiches and not try to eat it as a single sandwich. You do this by pulling off the top and putting it onto the other pieces of bread then scoop about half of the meat filling out of the pie then put it on top of the top you just pulled off. The remainder of the pie that's left over is used for the other sandwich. I'll try to put up some photos soon. Yummy! Smilie

PS how do i put up images using the Image and Link buttons? It's not working! Sad

Also the smilies ain't working! (this part is especially important!)

Last edited by Kesa on 3/2/2012, 22:39; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Oh, now the smilies are working)

View user profile

Franko

Admin
Admin
Easy... click on the "Image" button (the one that looks like a computer monitor), cut and past the URL to the image you want to show and paste it in the box... Smilie

Or... cut and paste the the pictures image address and put it inside the following... (change the round bracket to square a one though)... Smilie

(img]http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Grosse/smilie_gr_199.gif [/img]

result...

PS:The piece and pie looks tasty... Smilie

Lord Spunky

A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
Franko, you should but a Scottish - English translator page up 'ere.....I find it quite interesting how we all call things by different names. So is a piece a sandwich or a slice of bread?

For example I believe people up north call a bread roll a Cobb.....Wink

And I am serious.....no jokey pokey!

Main Two Systems:
Commodore Amiga 4000 - 3.1 ROM's / Workbench 3.1 / 2MB ChipRAM / Cyberstorm2 68040 @40MHz, 32MB FastRAM / Picasso MKIV / 4GB CF-IDE HDD / CD-ROM
Amiga Inc. Amiga 1200 - 3.1 ROM's / Workbench 3.1 / 2MB ChipRAM / 8MB FastRAM / 4GB CF-IDE HDD
Commodore
C-16 / C-Plus/4 / C-VIC20 x2 / C-64 / C-64C x2
Commodore Amiga
A500 x3 / A600 x4 / A1200 x3 / A1500 x2 / CD32 / CDTV
View user profile http://www.obsoletecomputermuseum.co.uk

Franko

Admin
Admin
Lord Spunky wrote:For example I believe people up north call a bread roll a Cobb.....Wink

I take it you the North of England by "up north" (where the Engles live), cos they don't call em that in Scotland, here they're just called rolls... Smilie

I have heard em called "baps" when I was in Dudley once, got chucked out the bakers though when I asked the nice looking young lassie behind the counter if I "could just have a wee squeeze of her baps" to see how fresh they were... (mind you I was in a bakers shop in Coventry at the time)... Surprised

Sponsored content

Back to top BWWWAaaaaaaaaaaa! Iphone 4S in Scotland [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum