Commodore Retro Amiga Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are C.R.A.P. & proud of it...

Most Recent Posts
Show Latest Posts
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 226 on 17/9/2021, 15:51
Newest Member
https://crap.forumotion.co.uk/u105
Poll

Best / Worst Amiga Company...

View results

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» AmigaKit / A-EON Fanboys: Are They Really So Pathetic !!!
by Franko 13/6/2015, 15:49

» A-EON: The False Gawds & Self Proclaimed Saviours Of Amiga
by Franko 7/6/2015, 03:09

» Teh MooBunny Is Dead... OFFICIAL...
by Franko 6/4/2015, 06:53

» Best Solitaire...
by J_Golden 24/8/2013, 17:15

» Dirwork 2.1 informations, config files, and other fun stuff
by TheBilgeRat 9/5/2013, 17:29

» OFFICIAL: THE AMIGA IS DEAD...
by Franko 26/2/2013, 05:19

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down  AROS On Real Amiga Hardware... [Page 1 of 1]

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
Been mucking around with AROS for the first time on my miggies for the past few days, wont explain everything here (as it's pretty boring) and anyway you can read about it here...

The trials & tribulations on setting up AROS

Anywhoo... here's a wee crappy video I made a couple of days ago after getting to to run on an A1200 with 030...

Right now I'm getting it to run on an A1200 with 060, have to say it's much faster but of course with lots of bugs/ glitches due to it's development stage but I'll post another video later tonight showing what a difference an 060 makes compared to the 030... Smilie

It aint easy but I have got it working with Workbench rather than Wanderer but there's still a few niggles to sort before I make the video, so that I can give AROS a fair view in this one... Smilie

https://crap.forumotion.co.uk

Bunders

Bunders
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
I tried to comment on that video yesterday but I was laughing too hard, I think Rosie was about ready to call the men in white coats. Partly because it was sooo slooow and partly because I was imagining people from all over Europe and America fa kidnae unnerstun fit yi wur on aboot loon.

What facilities are available to help with debugging Aros on 68k? Can you connect it to a linux box via serial and have your crashed amiga send it's barf to the linux box for post mortem?

If so, then you could get yourself a Sun box for development like they had @ C=?

Anyway, all the best with that and I'd really like to see the 060 video just so I can see what that's like. I don't mean to hassle you I just mean to say thanks for taking the time to put these videos up there!

Cheers.

B.

Bunders

Bunders
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
You'd be better off with some intel box than that -=\\\ k3wLz0rZ ///=- looking Sun box though as more things will work on x86 than on Sparc. Aros, Ubuntu Linux and Linux Mint for instance. Sun boxes were 68k back then.

Plus if you need a kewl looking but rather impractical box then you need the sgi tezro

B.

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
@ Bunders

I would put on me posh telephone accent for the videos, but ah huvnae goat wan... Smilie

It's very slow on an 030 and crashes every few seconds makes it kinda hard to even manage a 10 minute video (needs a wee bit o chantin and prayers to the great guru meditation to get 10 mins)... Smilie

Gotta admit though as I was pretty harsh (well harsh & honest) with my opinions of it on AmigaWorld.net, on an 060 it's a lot, lot more faster & smoother. Just the crashes are a pain in the bahooky but then I'm trying to be a wee bit too clever here and get it running using OS 3.5 and Workbench instead of the "Wanderer" thing your supposed to use... Smilie

Think I'll cut my losses for now as I spent 16 hours on it yesterday and am still at it right now just trying to get it not to crash so often... Crying or Very sad

I'll just go ahead and make a wee video of it as it comes on the distro and use the "Wanderer" wotnot, still crashes but at least it'll show the difference in speed on an 060... Smilie

Need to hire an actor to do the voiceover or get Albert me pet squirrel to do it this time... Smilie

PS: Understand what your saying about other hardware but anyone who knows me knows I only use "real" Amiga's for everything and won't ever use anything else... Wink

https://crap.forumotion.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top AROS On Real Amiga Hardware... [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum