Commodore Retro Amiga Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are C.R.A.P. & proud of it...

Most Recent Posts
Show Latest Posts
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 226 on 17/9/2021, 15:51
Newest Member
https://crap.forumotion.co.uk/u105
Poll

Best / Worst Amiga Company...

The lack of imagination & vision is staggering... Vote_lcap112%The lack of imagination & vision is staggering... Vote_rcap1 12% [ 18 ]
The lack of imagination & vision is staggering... Vote_lcap121%The lack of imagination & vision is staggering... Vote_rcap1 21% [ 32 ]
The lack of imagination & vision is staggering... Vote_lcap132%The lack of imagination & vision is staggering... Vote_rcap1 32% [ 49 ]
The lack of imagination & vision is staggering... Vote_lcap16%The lack of imagination & vision is staggering... Vote_rcap1 6% [ 10 ]
The lack of imagination & vision is staggering... Vote_lcap16%The lack of imagination & vision is staggering... Vote_rcap1 6% [ 9 ]
The lack of imagination & vision is staggering... Vote_lcap18%The lack of imagination & vision is staggering... Vote_rcap1 8% [ 13 ]
The lack of imagination & vision is staggering... Vote_lcap16%The lack of imagination & vision is staggering... Vote_rcap1 6% [ 9 ]
The lack of imagination & vision is staggering... Vote_lcap110%The lack of imagination & vision is staggering... Vote_rcap1 10% [ 15 ]

Total Votes : 155

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» AmigaKit / A-EON Fanboys: Are They Really So Pathetic !!!
by Franko 13/6/2015, 15:49

» A-EON: The False Gawds & Self Proclaimed Saviours Of Amiga
by Franko 7/6/2015, 03:09

» Teh MooBunny Is Dead... OFFICIAL...
by Franko 6/4/2015, 06:53

» Best Solitaire...
by J_Golden 24/8/2013, 17:15

» Dirwork 2.1 informations, config files, and other fun stuff
by TheBilgeRat 9/5/2013, 17:29

» OFFICIAL: THE AMIGA IS DEAD...
by Franko 26/2/2013, 05:19

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down  The lack of imagination & vision is staggering... [Page 1 of 1]

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
The lack of imagination & vision is staggering with certain folk in Amigaland... Rolling Eyes

Got a pretty good reason as to why... but it would seem the vast majority of so called "Amiga users" these days suffer from the most incredible lack of vision, imagination and ability to be able to think for themselves... Sad

Why would I say this you may ask, well the answer to that is very simple and posted in their own words on the various Amiga forums... Sad

In the short time I've been on the net reading these things (less than 2 years) I have read countless posts and threads claiming things along the lines of...

"no one or no company has the finances or is willing to invest in producing new custom chipsets/ hardware"...

"you can't create software or hardware without huge teams of developrs and resources any more"...

"you need a processor running at xxx amount of Ghz and it has to be one of the most widely used ones available today"...

"the costs in developing a new platform or hardware (even software) is beyond the scope and reach of someone working from a garage/ bedroom"...

etc... etc... etc... Rolling Eyes Zzz

The list of "reasons" they give about whether it be hardware or software goes on and on and on... but they are WRONG completely and utterly 100% WRONG... cyclops

Think about it... it has all been done before especially in the 80's, look at the plethora of home computers we had available to us then, the ZX spectrum, VIC 20, BBC Micro, Acorn Atom, Dragon, Amstrad to name but a few. Most of these were designed and built from scratch by one or two people working from a "garage" (so to speak) just as the software was mainly created and coded by individuals working from their bedroom... Wink

Before you say "ah but they didn't last... blah, blah blah", just remember each of those computers sold in far greater numbers that any of the so called "NG" Amiga hardware ever has or will... Wink

Put it this way if your line of thinking is "it can't be done anymore because of (insert corporate brainwashed excuse here)" then you are the very ones I am talking about with no vision, imagination and the inability to think for yourself. As if everyone thought along the same lines as you then you would still be stuck in front of the most basic of PCs staring at a green screen... Wink

You only think that way because you have been brainwashed into doing so by the likes of Microsoft & Apple and PC manufacturers who want you to think that way and keep people with vision & imagination held down so that they don't come up with the next big thing and put them out of business... Puke

Just like those folk like to claim things can't be done like that anymore and if Commodore was still around the Amiga would have been a Windows machine by now and they say it as if it were fact, which it is not, then I can say with more validity and good reason than you can the following... Smilie

Bollocks... Mad As Hell

There is absolutely nothing to prevent anyone with a vision or idea creating custom chips / hardware and an entire new computer system in their "garage" today (just like Jay Miner & Sir Clive Sinclair did)... Smilie

There is absolutely nothing to prevent anyone with ideas or programming skills from creating the latest & greatest piece of software or game from their "bedroom"... Smilie

Why have some people allowed themselves to be brainwashed into having no imagination, vision or the ability to think for themselves anymore and believe the shit they post which is basically corporate propaganda they have allowed themselves to be brainwashed with... Crazy

Just like I have said, if it were "impossible" like some claim today then why has it already done in the past, the only difference between then and now is that some people allowed themselves to be brainwashed into having no imagination, vision or the ability to think for themselves anymore and believe the shit they post which is basically corporate propaganda that these blind little sheep follow... Bah or Meh

I'm not religious but I pray to gawd that there are still some visionaries and free thinkers left out there who are busy beavering away in their workshops and garages to bring us something new and exciting to the world of computers. Just like Jay Miner & Sir Clive Sinclair did back in the 80's and shut these naysayers and brain washed morons up once and for all... Smilie

https://crap.forumotion.co.uk

Rodomoc

Rodomoc
Absolute Beginner
Absolute Beginner
The one beavering away in the garage project that I have been watching for a while is the new OS being written by Whoosh777. He is the guy that did all of that Amiga Ghostscript work. A dandy program by the way.... Anyway, this new OS is obviously not complete yet but in the vague descriptions given, I am intrigued. An OS from total scratch that is described at capturing things that made other systems great. An OS being written in assembler. Yeah it is on x86 so shoot me, the point is he aims to strip away much software layers and other such rubbish. Using cpu's to do other functions besides 1+1. So this is obviously not some borrowed - ported piece of crap. Now who wouldn't be interested in this? I hope the guy finishes it. I'd like to see what he comes up with

Mech

Mech
Absolute Beginner
Absolute Beginner
I have to agree with Franko(did i say that!-twice in 1 year!).

With the tools today,its is much easier to create custom chips and other things compared to when the amiga was fisrt designed and i cannot figure out why this is not done?
As franko said its a total lack of imagination.Granted it is not easy,but nothing worth doing ever is.

The problem today is people have been dulled down to using only whats in front of them.

They can't seem to see outside this and think if its not on a modern appliance its of no use.

Sadly our beloved amiga stuff gets ported to everything under the sun. All these tangents are what have killed the amiga,not the lack of new hardware.When you have everyone going in 6 directions there is no hope to progress as a community.

Why are people wasting time on aros, it has absolutely nothing to do with amiga. Porting stuff to x86 is not a solution, theres already crappy emulation.

Speaking of emulation,people use it to write bloated code for fake 32meg chip ram emulators then upload this 68K code to aminet...This code either does not run on real machines or so slow its unuseable which contaminates the code base.

Even worse we are down to 2-3 hardware makers because people don't support the amiga.
People whine that amiga's are not stable or useful,this is not true,i still use the same a4000 that i bought in 92,its just been expanded to a tower with lotsa of stuff.

At the end of the day its our own fault we don't have nice new goodies, no one is willing to help or do anything to make it happen and you can't get any 2 people to agree on anything.

Then enter C= USA and such, who create piles of non C64/Amiga stuff,which is off the shelf re-badged hardware that is nothing more than a common pc. not only does this show lack of imagination,it proves they are only out to pray on people who remember the C= name fondly.
A restickered device x is not a amiga no matter how hard you try and believe.

I applaud the makers of the X1000,he followed his dream,sadly though,it didn't include the common man. the money could of been spent more wisely by making a affordable machine everyone could use.So here we are again,another tangent/machine that most will not buy and is likely to not be out in large numbers.

To date i think the natami is the only really creative thing i have seen being done. Sadly they did not impliment the zorro bus to work for people wanting to use video toasters etc.

Mech

iggybeans

iggybeans
Absolute Beginner
Absolute Beginner
Computer ARE much more complicated then they used to be. Gone are simple things like two sided circuit boards and boards you can solder by hand.
Today multi-layer boards (one I was looking at recently had 12 layers) with FPGA based glue circuitry and a multitude of surface mounted components are common.
Personally, I'm focused on using existing boards (ARM and PPC based) with newly develop OS and software choices.

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
Mech wrote:I have to agree with Franko(did i say that!-twice in 1 year!).
Mech

Ooooh... think you should see a shrink... once can be put down to being a mistake... but twice is worrying... Shocked

TheBilgeRat

TheBilgeRat
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
Franko wrote:The lack of imagination & vision is staggering with certain folk in Amigaland... Rolling Eyes

Got a pretty good reason as to why... but it would seem the vast majority of so called "Amiga users" these days suffer from the most incredible lack of vision, imagination and ability to be able to think for themselves... Sad

Why would I say this you may ask, well the answer to that is very simple and posted in their own words on the various Amiga forums... Sad

In the short time I've been on the net reading these things (less than 2 years) I have read countless posts and threads claiming things along the lines of...

"no one or no company has the finances or is willing to invest in producing new custom chipsets/ hardware"...

"you can't create software or hardware without huge teams of developrs and resources any more"...

"you need a processor running at xxx amount of Ghz and it has to be one of the most widely used ones available today"...

"the costs in developing a new platform or hardware (even software) is beyond the scope and reach of someone working from a garage/ bedroom"...

etc... etc... etc... Rolling Eyes Zzz

The list of "reasons" they give about whether it be hardware or software goes on and on and on... but they are WRONG completely and utterly 100% WRONG... cyclops

Think about it... it has all been done before especially in the 80's, look at the plethora of home computers we had available to us then, the ZX spectrum, VIC 20, BBC Micro, Acorn Atom, Dragon, Amstrad to name but a few. Most of these were designed and built from scratch by one or two people working from a "garage" (so to speak) just as the software was mainly created and coded by individuals working from their bedroom... Wink

Before you say "ah but they didn't last... blah, blah blah", just remember each of those computers sold in far greater numbers that any of the so called "NG" Amiga hardware ever has or will... Wink

Put it this way if your line of thinking is "it can't be done anymore because of (insert corporate brainwashed excuse here)" then you are the very ones I am talking about with no vision, imagination and the inability to think for yourself. As if everyone thought along the same lines as you then you would still be stuck in front of the most basic of PCs staring at a green screen... Wink

You only think that way because you have been brainwashed into doing so by the likes of Microsoft & Apple and PC manufacturers who want you to think that way and keep people with vision & imagination held down so that they don't come up with the next big thing and put them out of business... Puke

Just like those folk like to claim things can't be done like that anymore and if Commodore was still around the Amiga would have been a Windows machine by now and they say it as if it were fact, which it is not, then I can say with more validity and good reason than you can the following... Smilie

Bollocks... Mad As Hell

There is absolutely nothing to prevent anyone with a vision or idea creating custom chips / hardware and an entire new computer system in their "garage" today (just like Jay Miner & Sir Clive Sinclair did)... Smilie

There is absolutely nothing to prevent anyone with ideas or programming skills from creating the latest & greatest piece of software or game from their "bedroom"... Smilie

Why have some people allowed themselves to be brainwashed into having no imagination, vision or the ability to think for themselves anymore and believe the shit they post which is basically corporate propaganda they have allowed themselves to be brainwashed with... Crazy

Just like I have said, if it were "impossible" like some claim today then why has it already done in the past, the only difference between then and now is that some people allowed themselves to be brainwashed into having no imagination, vision or the ability to think for themselves anymore and believe the shit they post which is basically corporate propaganda that these blind little sheep follow... Bah or Meh

I'm not religious but I pray to gawd that there are still some visionaries and free thinkers left out there who are busy beavering away in their workshops and garages to bring us something new and exciting to the world of computers. Just like Jay Miner & Sir Clive Sinclair did back in the 80's and shut these naysayers and brain washed morons up once and for all... Smilie

Quoted for the muthafucking truth.

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
TheBilgeRat wrote:Quoted for the muthafucking truth.

Too muthafucking right... Wink

motrucker

motrucker
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
I agree too
This means that M$, and Apple have done their job well. Every time they read one of those "it can't be done" posts, they heave a huge sigh of relief.
Of course it isn't that simple, at all.

Sponsored content

Back to top The lack of imagination & vision is staggering... [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum