Commodore Retro Amiga Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are C.R.A.P. & proud of it...

Most Recent Posts
Show Latest Posts
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 226 on 17/9/2021, 15:51
Newest Member
https://crap.forumotion.co.uk/u105
Poll

Best / Worst Amiga Company...

View results

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» AmigaKit / A-EON Fanboys: Are They Really So Pathetic !!!
by Franko 13/6/2015, 15:49

» A-EON: The False Gawds & Self Proclaimed Saviours Of Amiga
by Franko 7/6/2015, 03:09

» Teh MooBunny Is Dead... OFFICIAL...
by Franko 6/4/2015, 06:53

» Best Solitaire...
by J_Golden 24/8/2013, 17:15

» Dirwork 2.1 informations, config files, and other fun stuff
by TheBilgeRat 9/5/2013, 17:29

» OFFICIAL: THE AMIGA IS DEAD...
by Franko 26/2/2013, 05:19

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down  Franko Busted? [Page 1 of 1]

1Franko Busted? Empty Franko Busted? 17/7/2012, 18:31

Amiga4000

Amiga4000
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
It would seem that someone has went out of their way by creating a new acct over at A.O. just to start a new smear campaign (conspiracy theorie) against Franko! Oh No!!!! Surprised

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=62175

2Franko Busted? Empty Re: Franko Busted? 17/7/2012, 20:26

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
Amiga4000 wrote:It would seem that someone has went out of their way by creating a new acct over at A.O. just to start a new smear campaign (conspiracy theorie) against Franko! Oh No!!!! Surprised

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=62175

Hullooo rer , long time no hear ... Smilie

Yeah I read those ramblings of that loony tune, best to to treat the poor retarded dunderheid with ridicule and derision like he and all the other wee shitebags deserve... Wink

Here's a wee message you can pass on to the spangle (if he can't find an adult to read it out here for him)... Smilie

Tell him there 5 grand, nope make that 10 grand in it for him if he can prove his delusional wee claims and if not then tell him from me that I look forward to ridiculing the poor wee twat from now till the day he crawls back under the lump of dog shite from whence he came... rofl

Be awfully nice if you could pass that wee message on for me as they're still a bit paranoid and scared over there at Amiga.org from big bad Franko the nasty a useful person who pervades their every waking thoughts and single handed (according to Spammy) brought down the Moo with a simple Apple text script that I magically infected the rest of the web with... rofl

In the meantime I'm off back to me miggies that mongol features over there doesn't have a scooby doo about let alone the ability to tell his warped fantasies from reality... Rolling Eyes

Wonder where they find these tubes, there must be a loony bin somewhere where all the patients are missing... Smilie

https://crap.forumotion.co.uk

3Franko Busted? Empty Re: Franko Busted? 17/7/2012, 21:51

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
I like this one... Smilie

The Broke Speak On Amiga.org...

Outlawal2 (Version 1 failed) Mindlessly Gibbered On Amiga.org:
Franko was and is a friggin moron... Our collective IQ's dropped multiple points every time we simply read one of his idiotic posts..

Hmmm... "Collective IQ's" so poor wee Al has been assimilated into the Amiga.org version of the Borg, which is known as the Broke and he and all the other mindless members of the collectives IQ's dropped whenever they read one of my posts... Surprised

Well considering I made around 5000 or so wee posts in my time there and the Brokes collective IQ was 0.1 to start with then it is now at a mind boggling (their minds wont be boggled cos they aint got one) -0.5001... Very Happy

Kinda explains a lot of the Brokes collective posting over there... Laughing

4Franko Busted? Empty Re: Franko Busted? 17/7/2012, 22:21

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=700452&postcount=12

Runequester Babbled On Amiga.org:
I think the part that tipped me off was that he'd talk about loads of post-commodore amiga gear thatd have been almost impossible to acquire without internet

Think you've been on the internet for far, far too long Runey... WTF

As you've obviously forgot what the world was like before the internet, then let me jog your memory as it's obviously been wiped blank of the reality of the real world... Crazy

There were still these strange places made out of brick & mortar which tended to have glass fronts and a door, into which you could wander and actually physically buy Amiga stuff and all this was still there POST COMMODORE... Surprised

Then there are these things called mates, pals, friends (doubt you know what they are) who were Amiga users but gradually went over to the darkside (PCs) and whom got themselves onto the net and would order stuff for those of us not online via the magic of their PC's... Surprised Surprised

Also there were/ are local and national papers that where beleive it or not, people sold things such as Amiga, hardware & software and strange things called markets & car boot sales where again strangely enough you could and still can but Amiga gear... Surprised Surprised Surprised

So "the part that tipped you off" in your own sadly wiped clean mind is exactly that, all in your freakin sad mind... rofl

Do yourself a favour, switch off the the computer, walk away from the internet and somewhere in the dark building your in you should find a thing called a door, open it (be brave now) and venture outside into this amazing new place you'll find there called the real world... Paranoid

Gawd... if you can hear me & you really exist why did you create a race of brain dead morons and why the frig did you tell them about the Amiga, couldn't you have told the sad gits about Atari instead... Crying or Very sad

5Franko Busted? Empty Re: Franko Busted? 17/7/2012, 22:51

Amiga4000

Amiga4000
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
It's gettin weird over there!!!! Shocked LOL
It's ALWAYS the same peeps over there posting too.
"STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD JUNIOR!"

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=700458&postcount=15

6Franko Busted? Empty Re: Franko Busted? 17/7/2012, 23:04

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
Amiga4000 wrote:It's gettin weird over there!!!! Shocked LOL
It's ALWAYS the same peeps over there posting too.
"STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD JUNIOR!"

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=700458&postcount=15

It's always been very weird over there... Paranoid

It's the same peeps who are forever proclaiming and telling me to "get a life" and strangely enough haven't the brains to figure out that their lives are nothing more than following my life... Crazy

I wonder if their parents know they're up at this time, or if the asylum know a few cuckoos have flown the coup... Wink

Where are their social workers & carers that's the real question... Surprised

7Franko Busted? Empty Re: Franko Busted? 17/7/2012, 23:41

Amiga4000

Amiga4000
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
Franko Busted? Internet+loser

I Love Amiga.org!!! My parents never want me to leave!!! Crazy

Franko Busted? Wpid-shaggy-525x393

8Franko Busted? Empty Re: Franko Busted? 18/7/2012, 15:10

Amiga4000

Amiga4000
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, well that FIZZELED OUT! rofl

Ha! Just saw this....

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2012/07/17/study-people-who-are-constantly-online-can-develop-mental-disorders/

Yea, so anyways... how's it going Franko? Staying busy?

It's been a long summer here at the shop. Biz is slow. Hangin in there though. I'm still hoping Petro will release those A1200s! I'd like to a 2nd one for the home to play with on Sundays. I see that Jens is coming out with the ACA500 finally! That will be cool to as you can connect an ACA12XX accelerator to it. That will make for one fast A500! Hopefully (the real biggie) it will have an IDE port on it! Very Happy

9Franko Busted? Empty Re: Franko Busted? 18/7/2012, 16:25

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
Reckon some of them must've read my other thread and finally realised a thing or two about themselves... Wink

(Whenever a bout of Frankomania spring up it always reminds me of this for some reason"... Smilie

Always busy here... just finished doing a stocktake of me squirrels only two find two of em are missing, need to do a recount now but it'll have to wait as I can't be bothered taking my socks off again... Smilie

Sorry to hear about business being slow but hang on in there and I hope things pick up for you... Smilie

Only thing I've heard lately about the A1200s Petro has, is that he's still waiting to ship them from India and that can take some time...

Number6 pointed out to me the other day the new ACA500 by Jens, hopefully he'll be able to sell quite a few as the A500 was a bigger market than the A1200 and from what I read there are still plenty of people around using A500's...

Been trying to sort out a pile of HD's & DVD's I have for the miggie for about 3 weeks now, kinda forgot how much stuff I have on them and very few of the DVD's are labelled so It's taking ages to sort through them all and getting rid of all the duplicate stuff...

Bough a neat little SD Card reader/ writer for the C64 on eBay last week, not had time to test it yet but it looks like a I have finally found a source to fit all my C64's with SD Cards as the old MMC board is no longer available...

SD DRIVE FOR C64, C128 & VIC 20...

Anywhoo, suppose I'd better get back to looking through these old HD's & DVD's and it looks like one of my DVD drives in my towered up miggies is needing replaced as it struggling to read a lot of the disks, lucky I've got a few spares put by so I'll need to dig one of them out now and replace the duff one...

Hopefully they'll be fewer interruptions today as I never got much done yesterday for laughing at the latest outbreak of the afflicted... Very Happy

10Franko Busted? Empty Re: Franko Busted? 18/7/2012, 17:16

Amiga4000

Amiga4000
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
Hope you find your squirrels! That's a really cool SD drive for the 64! I always wanted a 128D - too expensive now!

The reason I really want another A1200 is to use it strictly for WHDLoad. Get another cheap accelerator, scan doubler & CF reader then get your WHDLoad menu system all set up on a new installation of OS3.5! Very Happy I just hope AmigaKit still has all the goodies by the time Petro releases the A1200s.

I wanted to ask you... I bought the FastATA 1200 controller months ago but haven't installed yet... Will I get a nice speed increase if all I do is put it in to my current A1200? My CF is formatted FFS. Do I need to go to SFS and comletely reformat and reinstall everything to use SFS to realize any speed increase?

CRAP

11Franko Busted? Empty Re: Franko Busted? 18/7/2012, 18:50

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
Get that FastATA installed ASAP... (no point in buying it otherwise)... Wink

Can't say much about how well it may or may not speed up read/ writes when using an CF drive though as I've never really used one but you should see some increase...

I have tested it with an SD Card Drive and can only say while it's fast enough, it still doesn't compare to using a real Hard Disk drive...

But if all you've every used before is the IDE header on the Amigas motherboard to connect up HD's then the FastATA is a lot faster (almost 5 to 6 times faster) and at least 2 x faster than using a simple IDE buffered interface like the 4xEIDE board...

As for using SFS then it really depends if you need it or not, if it's just a set up basically for WHDLoad you want then there really is no substantial benefit or gain from using SFS and FFS would suffice and to be honest I would say just use FFS on such a set up...

I only use SFS because I need it to store very large DVD ISO's of 4GB and greater and to remove the Amigas limitation on not being able to normally handle very large partitions (ie: bigger than 128GB)...

On my set up I always use FFS system for my Workbench partition and SFS for others (Data storage mainly)...

The thing with the Amiga is having a really fast HD will not make that much difference to the overall speed of your Amiga, you will most likely only notice a difference on your Workbench screen with icons being displayed a lot quicker...

Unless your using really big files like DVD ISO's then there is no real speed increase to be gained from a super fast HD on the Amiga as programs and files are in the main so small anyway the difference in time it takes them to load isn't really noticeable in everyday use....

It's kinda hard to say I suppose as each persons perceptions of what they consider slow or fast is really down to personal needs or requirements and as the Amiga doesn't rely on an HD to be used as extra RAM/ Memory like a PC or Mac does, then other than faster displaying of things like icons on the Workbench screen or if your using really large individual files then even the fastest speed of an HD on the Amiga won't make much of a difference to overall general use when compared to using the mainoards IDE header... Smilie

12Franko Busted? Empty Re: Franko Busted? 18/7/2012, 20:07

Amiga4000

Amiga4000
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
Franko, that explanation truly brought a tear to my eye! Crying or Very sad

That was the most concise, clear and relevant explanation of the use of Amiga file systems I have ever read! A.O. does not deserve your Amiga wisdom!

I will get my controller in asap! Very Happy

Thanks so much & I'll try not to interupt tea and crumpet time! Wink

Too bad this great post is buried in this doofy thread! No

13Franko Busted? Empty Re: Franko Busted? 18/7/2012, 21:37

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
I think the tear to your eye was due to the fact that I broke wind whilst making that post and I just had a Vindaloo for me dinner... humble apologies for that... Surprised

Handy Tip (But Not strictly Amiga related):-

If you own a Hamster and it's running around on squeaky wheel that keeps you awake at night (or at work) then as one of my old HD's has died I remembered this... Smilie

Carefully pry open the HD's casing and remove the platters from within. In the middle of the platter you will find a small self enclosed ball bearing ring with a hole in its centre for the spindle, gently tap this out with a screwdriver and afix the ball bearing ring centrally to the back of your Hamsters wheel insert the spindle and fix this to the wheel frame or with some super glue to the side of Hammy cage...

Now you will have a perfectly silent and smooth running wheel that little Hammy can play on to his hearts content and not disturb anyone anymore...

Due to the super low friction of the ball bearings your Hamster can reach speeds never dreamt of before and can even do loop the loops if he try's to stop suddenly, as the lack of friction & the Hamsters weight tends to keeps the wheel moving and it sometime takes up to three full 360 degrees loops of your Hamster to stop...

They seem to like it though as after a few moments of recovery from going all the way round they jump back on again and are off like a shot... Smilie

Sadly CF & SD HD's are making it harder to come by these parts but I'm working on that... Wink

14Franko Busted? Empty Re: Franko Busted? 18/7/2012, 22:26

Amiga4000

Amiga4000
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
WHAT!? You didn't attach the 10K/RPM Servo to the Hammy wheel? Crazy

Well, I'm reading the FastATA 1200 MK-IV instructions and it requires the included software for higher PIO modes, Great! But it also includes Allegro CDFS. I already have AsimCDFS installed and as anyone that has used AsimCDFS knows, it has great features, i.e., CD32 Sim, etc... What features does Allegro have? I know that all read/write CD/DVD formats are supported (including UDF Blureay?) but does it come with burning software that supports that?

Also, before I install the controller, and here's the biggie, MUST I remove the AsimCDFS first? And if so, how do I remove the software? Also, I have no idea how to view my startup file to see if Asim is doing anything there. Plus, isn't my CD functionality going to quit immediately? Maybe not, it's USB?

Also 2, there's an auto and a manual software install. Which should I use? Hmmm, looks tricky. What does FastATA'99.lha do?
Any other xxx.devices to check for incompatibility? I may be going overboard with the Q's as this AIN'T NO A2000!

One of the things I've never done to my A1200 is optimize it. I have a GVP 040 accelerator with FPU, Subway USB, & Indivision AGA MK1. No FBlit any other cool trick software. Maybe some help later on doing that would be great! Sorry for all the serious Q's. Wink

I may at least try to get the hardware installed tonight. Looks like I should take my time and do it right... some guy on A.O. totally effed his machine by installing the ROM chips/sockets in wrong! LOL Shocked Or, maybe I'll just get sheeeetfaced instead and just stare at the parts and box! rofl

Oh, and don't even get me started on this SAM460EX machine just sittin here staring at me doing absolutely NOTHING! I don't have a clue! LOL Evil or Very Mad

15Franko Busted? Empty Re: Franko Busted? 18/7/2012, 23:45

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
For burning/ reading/ ripping CD's you cant beat MakeCD on the Amiga... its now frre and you can download it from here...

MakeCD Ver 3.2c Free Download...

The software licence key for it is:-

Serial Number: 555555555
License Key: H8HsRww)7Uz)!iXE5PUMfgP#VymA6

Just enter those in the appropriate boxes when you first run MakeCD...

For burning DVD's there is FryingPan but to be honest it's a bit slow and flakey with a lot of drives but it may have been improved by now and does have a GUI ( I haven't checked it out in a long time)...

I ended up writing my own set of small utils for burning. copying & ripping DVD's called ADVDutils but their CLI/Shell only but simple enough to use... you can download them from Aminet...

ADVDutils Ver 1.0...

Personally after testing all available CD/ DVD FileSystems for the Amiga I found AllegroCDFS to be the best, especially if your going to burn DVDs, never had any problems with it in all the years of running it and heartily recommend it...

You don't need to delete any other CD flie systems you have as it's what set your CD/ DVD mount files to that determines which CD/ DVD file system is used...

Here's an example of the DosDriver mount file I use to set up my DVD/ CD Drives...

Example of my DOSdriver mount file for one of my DVD/CD Burners called CD2...
Place it in Devs:DosDrivers/ (If you want the CD/DVD drive to be available all the time when you boot up)...
Or
Place it in Storage:DosDrivers (If you only want to mount your CD/DVD drive when it suits you to use it)...

Code:
/* AllegroCDFS mountlist "/

Filesystem = L:AllegroCDFS
Flags = 0
BlocksPerTrack = 10
BlockSize = 2048
Mask = 0x7ffffffe
LowCyl = 0
HighCyl = 0
Surfaces = 1
Buffers = 30
BuffMemType = 1
GlobeVec = -1
Mount = 1
Priority = 5
DosType = 0x41434453
StackSize = 2048

and set your the following in your devices icons ToolTypes to:-

Code:
DEVICE=scsi.device
UNIT=2
ACTIVATE=1
Note change the unit number to whichever unit your CD/DVD is of course (which will depend on which cable you have connected it to the FastATA board with)

You don't need to worry about FastATA 99 it's just an archive of older versions...

After you have run the install program for the FastATA software you will find the following file have been added to your system...

In the C: drawer will be...

C: ATA3.driver (this is the main part that does all the magic and is run from the StartUp-Sequence)...

C: CheckLMB (used for detecting the left mouse button during the StartUp-Seqence to lanch ATA3Prefs to view or modify them)

In the L: Drawer will be...

L:AllegroCDFS (this is of course the filesystem)

In the Prefs: Drawer will be...

Prefs: ATA3Prefs, (which allows you to set the PIO mode, Spilt/ NoSplit etc...)

In your StartUp-Seqeunce the following lines should have been added as well and should always be after SetPatch has been run...

Code:
C:CheckLMB
If WARN
  SYS:Prefs/ATA3Prefs
EndIf

C:ATA3.driver NOPART QUIET

The text that says "NOPART" is there because I used the NoSplit Mode when setting things up (it's a typo by the author as I think he meant to put NoSplit in there to match up with the prefs util and documentation or vice versa)

I'll post a copy of my Startup-Sequence so that you can get an idea of where you should find the new line that the install procedure has placed in it that launches the FastATA3 driver so that things are all ready to run every time you boot up...

If you got any questions just ask...

I've got one for you though , you say your using a USB CD drive, just remember the FastATA has nothing to do with that and you need to hook up and IDE/ ATAPI CD/DVD drive to your FastATA board ( a bit obvious I know, but wasn't sure if you realised this after you mentioned the USB one)... Smilie

16Franko Busted? Empty Re: Franko Busted? 19/7/2012, 21:47

Amiga4000

Amiga4000
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
WOW! Thanks for all the info Franko! Yea, right after mentioning the USB CD I thought that might have thrown you off. I guess I was thiinking that even thou I,m currently using a USB device (usbscsi.device) I still needed a CDFS, which is AsimCDFS, and what I should do with it, if I'm going to use Allegro. I fired up the A1200 this morning to revisit how I had set that up. I remembered that the easiest way to have the CD Drive available on startup was to simply throw in the CD0 icon into WBStartup (which is in a WBStartup-disable drawer now???) (which I can't even remember how I did that now - I think someone simply said to do that at the time in post). It works but is probably the wrong way to go about that. I see that you've given me the tool types stack for Allegro, which is the right way. Anyhoo, I moved that CD0 icon from the WBStartup folder and the AsimCDFS still initializes! So now I'm confused on how to stop the AsimCDFS from auto init. I just think I need to clean up (or eliminate) this AsimCDFS first in preperation of Allegro... confused How do I view the startup-sequence file? ARG! --- Although this won't interfere with getting the hardware installed! Wink

Last edited by Amiga4000 on 19/7/2012, 22:15; edited 1 time in total

17Franko Busted? Empty Re: Franko Busted? 19/7/2012, 22:10

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
I'll type an explanation straight after this, cos your doing it all wrong... Wink

So while you wait on my reply here's a simple way to view your StartUp-Sequence... Smilie

Open a Shell/ Cli window and type...

ED S:Startup-sequence (return)

or simply double click on Multiview and use the file selector to find and and view the file in the S: drawer called startup-sequence

Back shortly... :-)

18Franko Busted? Empty Re: Franko Busted? 19/7/2012, 22:29

Amiga4000

Amiga4000
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
Oh yea, gotta love Multiview! That was easy! Once I get into Multiview can I save as a text file and post it here? It's not very long...

Franko wrote:I'll type an explanation straight after this, cos your doing it all wrong... Wink

So while you wait on my reply here's a simple way to view your StartUp-Sequence... Smilie

Open a Shell/ Cli window and type...

ED S:Startup-sequence (return)

or simply double click on Multiview and use the file selector to find and and view the file in the S: drawer called startup-sequence

Back shortly... :-)

19Franko Busted? Empty Re: Franko Busted? 19/7/2012, 22:35

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
Haven't a clue why you been sticking the CD0 file in WBStartup Drawer !!! but never mind here's waht I think your trying to do and the "proper" way to go about it... Smilie

It's pretty simple really and I'll try to explain it as clearly as I can...

The simplest and correct way to have your CD drive available on startup is to place the file called CD0 into the following drawer including it's .info file...

Devs:DosDrivers/

Put your CD0 (or CD1, CD2 etc...) file into the above drawer and remember to also put it's associated .info file in there too (ie: If your dosdriver file is called CD0 then put the CD0.info file in the same drawer as it)...

Everytime you boot up or reset then the Amiga will make sure that CD0 is mounted, aavilable and ready for use... Smilie

If you don't want the CD drive to be there sitting in the background eating up memory and resources when your not going to be using it all the time then...

Put the CD0 file and it's .info file into the drawer...

Storage:DosDrivers/

Now if you want want to use the CD drive all you have to do is from your Workbench screen is double click on the Storage drawer icon to open it, double click on the DosDrivers drawer icon to open that and then double click on the CD0 icon and bobs your uncle your CD drive is mounted... Smilie

Putting your DosDriver that's using the AsimCDFs file system in Devs:Dosdrivers will mean that every time you boot up or reset the Amiga will try and set up the AsimCDFS each time...

If you don't want to delete it simple move it to the Storage:DosDrivers drawer and it will happily sit there and do nothing... :-)

If you've hooked up a CD/DVD drive to the FastATA then create a DosDriver file for it as I showed in the other post and just remember to change the unit number to whichever is applicable to you... Smilie

Don't go bunging Dosdrivers into the WBStartUp Drawer that's a NO NO... Sad

And one of the most important things EVERYONE should have on their Amiga is either DirWork or DOpus (not DOpus Magellan) as this makes viewing, finding, editing, copying file etc... a dawdle... Smilie

PS: You can post anything you want here... Smilie

20Franko Busted? Empty Re: Franko Busted? 19/7/2012, 22:54

Amiga4000

Amiga4000
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
OK, yes I guess I knew all that... (I need to start keeping a physical file with all these tidbits!) If I remember right, I think I had put CD0 in WBStartup (as someone had suggested) because it was the only way I could get it to init before Trident loaded or it would fail.

So, with that said, there is:
NO CD0 in Devs:Dosdrivers
CD0 IS in Storage:Dosdrivers
(If I move CD0 from WBStartup CD0 still inits on cold boot)
So, You're probably right that putting something WBStartup bungs up the works!

How can I see .info files - I don't see any (My folders are set to Show All Files)

You know, I not even opposed to starting all over as everything was pretty much just thrown at this poor guy for past two years as I was learning. And, I own all my original software. Smilie

21Franko Busted? Empty Re: Franko Busted? 19/7/2012, 23:08

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
Not quite sure what you mean by "you can't see your .info files) !!!

The .info files are what you see as an icon on your Workbench screen...

You don't need to set things to "Show all files", that's only there to allow you to display files that have not got a .info file associated with them... (so that your Workbench doesn't get cluttered up with files you shouldn't really be trying to launch from Workbench... Smilie

22Franko Busted? Empty Re: Franko Busted? 19/7/2012, 23:13

Amiga4000

Amiga4000
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
Franko said:
"Put the CD0 file and it's .info file into the drawer...
"

It sounds like you're saying to copy 2 files?
HA! Maybe I'm doing that wrong too!

23Franko Busted? Empty Re: Franko Busted? 19/7/2012, 23:29

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
Amiga4000 wrote:Franko said:
"

Sorry I was dealing with a death threat over on MooBunny... Rolling Eyes

As I'm not sure how your copying your files or moving them, the reason I said to make sure you copy/ move the .info file as well is, if you were not doing this from Workbench which automatically copies the .info file and if you were doing this from a shell or cli window using the Copy command then you;d have to manually copy the associated . info file as well... Wink

24Franko Busted? Empty Re: Franko Busted? 19/7/2012, 23:33

Amiga4000

Amiga4000
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
Franko wrote:
Amiga4000 wrote:Franko said:
"

Sorry I was dealing with a death threat over on MooBunny... Rolling Eyes

As I'm not sure how your copying your files or moving them, the reason I said to make sure you copy/ move the .info file as well is, if you were not doing this from Workbench which automatically copies the .info file and if you were doing this from a shell or cli window using the Copy command then you;d have to manually copy the associated . info file as well... Wink

Ahhhhh! I get it! Very Happy

Death Threat! WTF!!!!! Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top Franko Busted? [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum