Commodore Retro Amiga Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are C.R.A.P. & proud of it...

Most Recent Posts
Show Latest Posts
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 226 on 17/9/2021, 15:51
Newest Member
https://crap.forumotion.co.uk/u105
Poll

Best / Worst Amiga Company...

View results

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» AmigaKit / A-EON Fanboys: Are They Really So Pathetic !!!
by Franko 13/6/2015, 15:49

» A-EON: The False Gawds & Self Proclaimed Saviours Of Amiga
by Franko 7/6/2015, 03:09

» Teh MooBunny Is Dead... OFFICIAL...
by Franko 6/4/2015, 06:53

» Best Solitaire...
by J_Golden 24/8/2013, 17:15

» Dirwork 2.1 informations, config files, and other fun stuff
by TheBilgeRat 9/5/2013, 17:29

» OFFICIAL: THE AMIGA IS DEAD...
by Franko 26/2/2013, 05:19

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down  Smerf Is Off His Meds (again)... [Page 1 of 1]

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
As much as I like the half Irish nutcase "Smerf" he doesn't have gibber some keech at times... Wink

The Ramblings Of A Half Irish Smerf...

Smerf:- "Back in 1985 it was a very innovative computer, compared to other computers out at that time, but compared to today's computers and high technology the whole Amiga can be put in the base of a joystick, but also can still be hooked up to a TV."

Me:- Yup it was innovative and nothing can change that but why compare a 1985 computer to a modern day one, kinda pointless to be honest. If they can put the Amiga in a joystick then I assume the reason they have not done so it because, where would you plug in the keyboard or the hard disk drive (not everyone uses the Amiga just for playing games as you seem to think)... Rolling Eyes

Smerf:- "Well we can really tell that you really don't keep up with modern times. Today's artistic tools on Linux, Windows PC's and UGH!! rotten apple core MACs can do about 1000% more than the Amiga with its cartoonish drawings. (Sorry but that is what it really is)."

Me:- Hmmm... so cartoonish drawings are not an artform to you, oh no it must be vivid and realistic just like a photo, then why not just use a camera and throw your PC out if that's all you want (or if want really realistic gfx just watch TV)... Wink

Smerf:- "The Amiga operating system is in Uncle Bill's hands, whether we like it or not. He bought the patent rights and owns them as of yet as far as I know. I can't really recall any official word of him selling them, although he did sell out some licenseing rights."

Me:- That's about the only thing you got right here but what Uncle Bill owns or not doesn't actually matter as he can't stop Amiga owners using their vast library of pirate adfs, games, utils or rom images... Smilie

Smerf:- "Golly gee whiz, really, maybe like MorphOS, Aros, minimig, Amiga X1000, and Natami, we can call all of them takers, or we can call them developers trying to give the Amiga a new start somewhere."

Me:- Well at least AROS 68k, Minimig, Amiga X1000 and NatAmi are closer to being Amiga's than any CUSA product ever will be, AROS aint ripping folk off either and asking people to pay crazy money for an OS that is free. MorphOS is sod all to do with the Amiga anymore and is just plain shite... Wink

Smerf:- "No, you sure don't live in a vacuum, you live in something worse, just like all the other people here on Amiga.org, you live in the past, you don't want to see it go away, you don't want to advance a go with the future, where the programs are a little harder to use because they do so much more. "

Me:- You can't live in the past as time travel hasn't been invented yet but the sad thing you fail to grasp is what you call the future (which doesn't exist yet) so I take it you mean the present which is boring, bland and unimagintive as far as modern day computers go just like the folk who use them... Smilie

Smerf:- "Read those last couple of words, where the programs are a little harder to use because they do so much more, back in 1985 didn't we hear those same words from a great person named Jay Miner, that the Amiga computer was the best because it's programs have the capability of doing so much more. If Jay was alive and inventing today I would hate to see what he would of made today. What processor would he have used? What Graphics chip, oh so outdated, How about card would he have used? Would he have chose the new Intel, or the Octacore AMD?"

Me:- I read those last couple of words and they are just plain bullshit, I have tried quite a number of "modern" pieces of software on this old Crapple Mac and they are bloated, awkward as hell to use and don't even have half the features that some old Amiga software has (GIMP for example, doesn't even have basic line drawing tools and is about as easy to use or understand as trying to read Klingon backwards)... cyclops

Me:- Ah... "the old if Jay Were alive today routine", strange how folk seem to think they know what he may have done if he were here and then ask something dumb like "what graphics chip", his record speaks for itself, he would have invented his own new one, not used some off the shelf crap... Wink

Smerf:- "Yeah, the Amiga was a great computer, it surpassed every other computer made, but that was back in 1985, it is now 2012, will we see a new Amiga way better than what was? or will we see the end of the world as supposedly said by the Mayan calander."

Me:- The Amiga still is a great computer even in 2012 it can do more with it's limited resources when compared to any modern day computer that requires Gigabytes of memory, GHz of processor speed and super fast GFX cards just to do what the Amiga can do with a tiny fraction of those resources... Wink

Smerf:- "It really doesn't matter for the people at Amiga.org, they refuse to accept a new way of life anyway."

Me:- and they're exactly just like you with your "I use a PC with Linux, WindowsXP, Windows, Vista, and Windows 7. One runs EUAE, the rest run Cloanto's Amiga Forever. " you see if you're using EUAE & Amiga Forever then you too are "stuck in the past"... Laughing

Cheers... Drink

Franko

PS: Smerf, time to get a new prescription from the doc methinks... Wink

https://crap.forumotion.co.uk

TheBilgeRat

TheBilgeRat
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
Don't mind ol' Smerf, he's all cantankerous and crotchety.

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
Like I say I like the daft auld bugger but sometimes he doesn't half gibber some jobbies that just needs to be replied too... Wink

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
Smerf's View On What A Computer Is only Used For... No

So apart from the fact you think you HAVE to use Windows and that seems to you to be YOUR only choice of an OS you also seem to believe that a computer is used ONLY for the internet and playing 3D games with REAL looking gfx... WTF

I used to think you actually knew something about computers and actually did useful things on them, seems I was wrong, your just another one of the drones who have allowed themselves to be brain washed into the corporate doctrine of Microsoft and think the internet & playing games is all that YOU can do on a computer... Sad

Oh well at least I know now it's not the meds that aint working, it's your brain... Neutral

Wonder what I'll do just now on my Amiga... bit of programming, make some music, edit some photos, burn a CD or DVD, do some D.T.P., write a letter, design some circuits, re-draw the plans for a new house extension, do some spreadsheets etc... etc... Wink

Use your brain for once you don't like Windows, Macs are out for you, so stop leaving your Amiga's gathering dust and dig them out and start enjoying computers once again, there's a hell of a lot more to computers than just the poxy internet and ruddy 3D games... Drink

bamiga2002

bamiga2002
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
I mainly play any new hitech games on my Xbox360 and not on the PC nowadays. And when we get the Internet behaving on "Amiga" as intended then ... there's merely no use for the PC anymore! Anyway I hope so... Smilie

http://rutinskiband.com

Smerf Is Off His Meds (again)... Drug-discovery-and-science

smerf

IP Adrdress 184.105.144.6

Post Removed.

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
smerf wrote:Fuck off and die Franko! I made my point clear.

Once again thank you for providing us with clear evidence for this purpose.

Now that this part has served its purpose, you'll be sad to hear the posting without being a member is no longer allowed.

We do thank you for your contribution though and you will find out soon enough the overall results of your actions.

Sponsored content

Back to top Smerf Is Off His Meds (again)... [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum