Commodore Retro Amiga Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are C.R.A.P. & proud of it...

Most Recent Posts
Show Latest Posts
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 226 on 17/9/2021, 15:51
Newest Member
https://crap.forumotion.co.uk/u105
Poll

Best / Worst Amiga Company...

View results

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» AmigaKit / A-EON Fanboys: Are They Really So Pathetic !!!
by Franko 13/6/2015, 15:49

» A-EON: The False Gawds & Self Proclaimed Saviours Of Amiga
by Franko 7/6/2015, 03:09

» Teh MooBunny Is Dead... OFFICIAL...
by Franko 6/4/2015, 06:53

» Best Solitaire...
by J_Golden 24/8/2013, 17:15

» Dirwork 2.1 informations, config files, and other fun stuff
by TheBilgeRat 9/5/2013, 17:29

» OFFICIAL: THE AMIGA IS DEAD...
by Franko 26/2/2013, 05:19

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down  Classic DOS Games for DosBOX [Page 1 of 1]

1Classic DOS Games for DosBOX Empty Classic DOS Games for DosBOX 19/1/2012, 22:33

XDelusion

XDelusion
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
I'm just curious if any of you have been using Fish's port of DosBOX in AROS, or just a X86 based (the faster one) port of DosBOX on any other OS's, and if so, what games you have been enjoying, and what gems you have found that work.

I my self am not AROS' hugest fan, but I do enjoy the fact that it allows me to play some of the more top of the line titles available for DOS (with the help of my near 4Ghz machine).

Some of the later DOS titles never got the time of day because Windows was turning a lot of heads and coders began to abandon the DOS format all together. Ironically as with console systems, it seems that the best and most advanced games get pushed out at the end as the platform dies, DOS is no exception.

A few titles I've really been enjoying are:

Anvil of Dawn which is a first person RPG much like the old Eye of the Beholder series, though in real time, and with a ton of features that were not possible during the time when the old EOTB series was being written.

You'll find that EVERYONE's in game speech is spoken and does not appear just in text, also the graphics are really good for the time, and on top of that the game play does not just take place underground, but also out doors. The story line is sublime, very dark and full of demons and what not, plus the adventure is very open ended, leaving you with the ability to back track and try to look for power ups and what not that you may have left behind earlier.

Over all, I have to say that this is the BEST game of it's type that I've ran across thus far. https://youtu.be/LK4vkw1NsxY

I'll list more games in the near future, I just kind of wanted to get this topic started. Smilie

Back to top Classic DOS Games for DosBOX [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum