Commodore Retro Amiga Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are C.R.A.P. & proud of it...

Most Recent Posts
Show Latest Posts
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 226 on 17/9/2021, 15:51
Newest Member
https://crap.forumotion.co.uk/u105
Poll

Best / Worst Amiga Company...

Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_lcap112%Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_rcap1 12% [ 18 ]
Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_lcap121%Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_rcap1 21% [ 32 ]
Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_lcap132%Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_rcap1 32% [ 49 ]
Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_lcap16%Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_rcap1 6% [ 10 ]
Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_lcap16%Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_rcap1 6% [ 9 ]
Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_lcap18%Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_rcap1 8% [ 13 ]
Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_lcap16%Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_rcap1 6% [ 9 ]
Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_lcap110%Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_rcap1 10% [ 15 ]

Total Votes : 155

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» AmigaKit / A-EON Fanboys: Are They Really So Pathetic !!!
by Franko 13/6/2015, 15:49

» A-EON: The False Gawds & Self Proclaimed Saviours Of Amiga
by Franko 7/6/2015, 03:09

» Teh MooBunny Is Dead... OFFICIAL...
by Franko 6/4/2015, 06:53

» Best Solitaire...
by J_Golden 24/8/2013, 17:15

» Dirwork 2.1 informations, config files, and other fun stuff
by TheBilgeRat 9/5/2013, 17:29

» OFFICIAL: THE AMIGA IS DEAD...
by Franko 26/2/2013, 05:19

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made...

Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_lcap10%Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_rcap1 0% [ 0 ]
Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_lcap10%Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_rcap1 0% [ 0 ]
Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_lcap118%Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_rcap1 18% [ 2 ]
Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_lcap136%Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_rcap1 36% [ 4 ]
Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_lcap145%Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... Vote_rcap1 45% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11
Back

Go down  Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... [Page 1 of 1]

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
Which in your opinion is the best Amiga ever made and why... Smilie

For me having owned them all at one point in time (except the A3000) it has to be the A1200... Cool

Apart from the fact it took you away form those ugly big desk top grabbing hunks of steel (probably mill spec & bomb proof) that were the big box Amiga's (A2000, A4000 etc...) Puke

It was the sleekest case design ever, it has AGA (couldn't live without it), it had more reasonably priced peripherals over the years than any other model, especially accelerators, it's easy to build your own custom case and expand it to the max, even after 26 years I still haven't had one that's broken & best of all it was simply the greatest Amiga ever created before Commodore were no more ... Smilie

https://crap.forumotion.co.uk

Lord Spunky

Lord Spunky
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
Well - people have voted without giving a reason - so I will give mine.

I voted A4000, and I hesitated, why? I nearly voted A1200 it was a toss up.

The Amiga 1000 started the whole thing and has it's place, the Amiga 500 started it for me, and it was a truly great machine in the day, but that A520 TV module made it really clumpy.
The A1500 & A2000 are basically the same model, and bigger boxed A500's. The A3000? Yeah nice, and A600? hmmm well by the time I had bought my A500 the 600 was out and when I looked for my next Amiga it was the 1200, it made the A600 pointless. And although I own 4 of them I don't like them!

For all the reasons above the Amiga 1200 is and was truly amazing bit of kit! The expansion is fantastic, the whole unit, smaller and much more powerful than the A500, and yes AGA was a great leap for Amiga.

I voted for the Amiga 4000, I always wanted one and I bought one last year.
It is big box, and true as standard there isn't much difference. But for me that CPU expansion and Zorro III are fab.

My hesitation was because although I 'love' my A4000 I was thinking about the expansion, Zorro cards are hard to find! Get a PCI card for the A1200 and get a Voodoo & Ethernet card is so much more flexible than tracking down a Picasso (luckily mine came with one) and having to buy a Deneb USB and then a USB Ethernet adaptor seems harder work and more expensive some how!

Anyway, ramble over, my vote was A4000, A1200 a VERY close second!

You never listed the CDTV! I know it was marketed as a Commodore CDTV but it was basically an A500 - not that I was gonna vote for it!

http://www.obsoletecomputermuseum.co.uk

Kesa

Kesa
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
I voted the A3000. It was the pinnacle of Amiga technology and everything after that was down hill. The A4000 was a disappointment and they abandoned the traditional Amiga case styling and went for a PC look which was embarrassing in my opinion. I have never used an A3000 before but one day i plan to own one. It has to be the version with 2 floppy drives built in and not just the single too.

Lord Spunky

Lord Spunky
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
Kesa wrote:I voted the A3000. It was the pinnacle of Amiga technology and everything after that was down hill. The A4000 was a disappointment and they abandoned the traditional Amiga case styling and went for a PC look which was embarrassing in my opinion. I have never used an A3000 before but one day i plan to own one. It has to be the version with 2 floppy drives built in and not just the single too.

Yeah slag off my hard earned £400 I spent! Shocked rofl

Well I seem to remember the case was a cost cutting exercise? You could say it went down hill when the original team was split after the A1000! Seriously, I think the A4000 should have been ALOT more than it was, to start with the whole A4000T is a small improvement, the case, although a MASSIVE tower looks a lot better than a small, crammed, desktop, the daughterboard and riser config seems to be a bit more thought out. Not that I have EVER SEEN one other than photos.

I'm missing Amiga's that I NEED to own to complete my collection. Amiga 1000, Amiga 2000, Amiga 3000, Amiga 3000T & Amiga 4000T Maybe a working Amiga 1500 would be nice! (Another Mortgage maybe required!)

http://www.obsoletecomputermuseum.co.uk

Kesa

Kesa
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
I think the compact design of the A3000 is why i like it so much! It was never intended to be used with cd-roms hence the lack of 5 inch bays! Have you seen how ugly 5 inch bays look like with cd-roms squeezed in? Especially when the colours do not match? Hideous!  The A3000 is classy Cool

Also I'm not sure keeping the original Hi-Toro team would have been a good idea. Remember, what happened after the A1000 was not inventing technology it was upgrading existing technology. Completely different. Jay Miner was an excellent inventor but no so good at upgrading.

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
Kesa wrote:Also I'm not sure keeping the original Hi-Toro team would have been a good idea. Remember, what happened after the A1000 was not inventing technology it was upgrading existing technology. Completely different. Jay Miner was an excellent inventor but no so good at upgrading.

Don't agree with you on that view... tongue

After the A1000 they did indeed invent newer technology, the A500, the A1200 & the CD32... Wink

The A500's motherboard had to be created from scratch as it was totally different from the A1000's. The A1200 had to have new versions of it's custom chipsets created to allow for AGA and the CD32 was a totally new design altogether... Wink

The "upgrading" as you call it, was not much to do with Jay Miner and were "corporate" decisions made by the powers that be at Commodore. If Jay Miner still had the the power to direct the future of the Amiga when he sold it to CBM things would most likely have turned out very different indeed and the Amiga would probably have gone from strength to strength... Smilie

Sadly that did not happen and the Amiga was robbed of it's future by the evil little shite Medhi Ali who I would love to meet one day just to have pleasure of setting him on fire and then pissing on his ashes... mad

https://crap.forumotion.co.uk

TheBilgeRat

TheBilgeRat
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
I've owned an A1200, 2000, and 4000 (still own the 2000 and 4000), played with 1000s and 500s, and I voted A4000, but I really like the A2000 for some reason. It's the ugly underdog that no one seems to think about, although it was most likely the most successful model.

motrucker

motrucker
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
I have owned everything but the CD32 and 1500. I have to go with the A1200. It's a really close race between the 1200 and 4000, but I have to give the edge to the 1200. Great expandability for a "fair" price - plus it played every CD32 game I threw at it.
The A3000, IF all of the chips are upgraded to the latest versions is a truly great machine too.
I don't think there is a "bad" model, just some better than others. Right now I am working with an 2000HD, and play games on an A1000 - so I'm getting by......

Sponsored content

Back to top Which Is The Best Amiga Ever Made... [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum