Commodore Retro Amiga Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are C.R.A.P. & proud of it...

Most Recent Posts
Show Latest Posts
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 226 on 17/9/2021, 15:51
Newest Member
https://crap.forumotion.co.uk/u105
Poll

Best / Worst Amiga Company...

CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_lcap112%CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_rcap1 12% [ 18 ]
CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_lcap121%CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_rcap1 21% [ 32 ]
CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_lcap132%CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_rcap1 32% [ 49 ]
CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_lcap16%CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_rcap1 6% [ 10 ]
CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_lcap16%CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_rcap1 6% [ 9 ]
CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_lcap18%CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_rcap1 8% [ 13 ]
CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_lcap16%CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_rcap1 6% [ 9 ]
CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_lcap110%CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_rcap1 10% [ 15 ]

Total Votes : 155

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» AmigaKit / A-EON Fanboys: Are They Really So Pathetic !!!
by Franko 13/6/2015, 15:49

» A-EON: The False Gawds & Self Proclaimed Saviours Of Amiga
by Franko 7/6/2015, 03:09

» Teh MooBunny Is Dead... OFFICIAL...
by Franko 6/4/2015, 06:53

» Best Solitaire...
by J_Golden 24/8/2013, 17:15

» Dirwork 2.1 informations, config files, and other fun stuff
by TheBilgeRat 9/5/2013, 17:29

» OFFICIAL: THE AMIGA IS DEAD...
by Franko 26/2/2013, 05:19

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

CUSA Love Em Or Hate Em...

CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_lcap16%CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_rcap1 6% [ 2 ]
CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_lcap152%CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_rcap1 52% [ 16 ]
CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_lcap110%CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_rcap1 10% [ 3 ]
CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_lcap16%CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_rcap1 6% [ 2 ]
CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_lcap116%CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_rcap1 16% [ 5 ]
CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_lcap110%CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... Vote_rcap1 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Back

Go down  CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... [Page 1 of 3]

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
CUSA... yup the topic you either love or hate or just couldn't care less about... Smilie

Here's your chance to have your say on this subject. This thread is open to everyone for or against (no need to be a member to post in this one)... Smilie

So whether you're for or against them or are just sick tired of the whole thing here's your opportunity to put your own views and comments across... Smilie

Moderation will be enforced when some complete idiots post the usual crap but if you really have something you'd like to say on this subject then feel free to do so...

(Limited Time Only)... Smilie

Last edited by Franko on 5/4/2012, 14:18; edited 1 time in total

https://crap.forumotion.co.uk

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
Wow... 33 people online today that's a record and proves part one of my theory... Smilie

I await for part 2 to be verified... Wink

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
Part two of my theory confirmed... Smilie

Only one more to go... Smilie

4Good My opinion on Commodore USA 6/4/2012, 15:41

Boggit

Howdy,

What really grinds my gears is the new Commodore Amiga Mini. Why is it called Amiga in the first place? It is just a PC running a cosmetically modified version of Linux Mint. The only thing that sets it apart from generic PC's is the engraving on the front of the case. They are apparantly trying to lure innocent people into purchasing this overpriced computer by portraying it as "the return of the Amiga". It's truly sad. Sad If this computer is an Amiga, then I can easily build one myself. I can get some cheap parts Online, stuff it into a case, and have a working PC. To make it an Amiga, I must of course carefully place a sticker on the case and install Linux. Wink

The pricing of the Commodore Amiga Mini was horrible as well. Everyone knows that the parts used in the computer can easily be obtained elsewhere, as well as the case (check e-Bay for starters). Smilie Suddenly they sliced the price with several hundred dollars just after the machine had been announced. Unprofessional to say the least.

Another thing.. some people might actually believe (if they don't start doing some research) that Commodore USA created the VIC Slim computer, when it turns out that it is just a rebadged machine. That seems to be what they do.. slap stickers on various cases and earn money on the brand names. "Milking" is a word that comes to mind.

Their discussion forum seems strange as well. Sometimes I like to pop in to have a read, but I find that many posts have just vanished. This has happened more than once. I remember a Linux-guy asking them several interesting questions, but his posts are all gone now, and I don't know why.

Anyway, better log off now. Have a good one!

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
Dang it Boggit, with just 44 minutes left of the third part of my theory you just blew it right out the window by becoming the first person who is not a member here to make a post here... Sad

Oh well, congratulations anyway on being the first (and only person) to reply on this subject (reckon you should get a prize or something)... Smilie

Gotta say I agree 100% with your sentiments here and I find this whole CUSA nonsense utter BS, hopefully it won't be long before they go bankrupt or are taken to court over some of their dodgy dealings but until then I suppose those of us who don't like them shall just have to make sure the truth about CUSA is posted on the net whenever & wherever we can... Smilie

Awe Ra Best... Drink

Franko

I have one of the last IBM computers ever built hooked to my tube TV in my living room, it allows me to retro game without getting off the couch to switch floppies. I would probably buy  an official C= x86 computer for shits and giggles, but they forgot the part that made C= computers attractive to me. The low cost of entry. If they want to recapture some of that magic they could come out with a $200 machine. Anyways I suppose I could put a sticker over the IBM badge on my PC but I rather like the IBM logo, it is not a sticker actually it is a real piece of painted plastic.

Cheerio.

ANTICUSA

CUSA OVERPRICED, UNORIGINAL,AMIGA UNRELATED, I CANT SEE ANY THING PARTICUARLY POSITIVE WITH RESPECT TO THE AMIGA LEGEND ? WHAT ARE THEY SELLING IT LOOKS LIKE LOW SPEC PCS TO ME ?
I give them credit for trying to re invent the c64 the case is a good concept , but how much do we have to pay & what is the connection with the Amiga =NOTHING in my humble opinion !
At the end of the day I might as well build a small box pc and stick a logo on it for a third of the price & at least i would have the exact choice of my components / hardware !
I guess that people/ the Amiga community (theres strength in unity) will vote with their feet and untill CUSA make some Mega changes then they very most probably wont make any significant progress as a company ?
It saddens me to see the lack of effort to maintain any Original Amiga functionallity or Original Amiga Cross platform support for software & Amiga Hardware .
Frankly Ill get more positive use out of my pc and winuxx /cloanxx and i dont have to pay 2000 or 1500 or 1000 (they might drop their prices soon ) euros either !! 

8Good CommieDoreUSA 7/4/2012, 16:01

ComieMan

You are right Franko CommieUSA has no secret sauce. They are only selling bog standard PC computers in a crap Apple ripe off case with power supply problems. What's with CommieUSA and their lack of system integration skills? $10 sounds about right for the price this CommieUSA machine should sell at.

mad

Micky

CUA can go fuck themselves was far as I'm concerned. They have basically made a mockery of the Amiga name with their bullshit PCclones in a Commdore case.

Thousands of units sold huh? I call bullshit! Probably only a couple of hundred and I bet the buyers are ruing the day they handied over the money for the pile of crap

Great Platform! Great Potential!   Its the next best thing compared to native 68k hardware!   Cant wait!   Its even better than this forum! Seriously! CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... 3312119548

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
@ 01011011

Yes the Amiga is a great platform & Yes the Amiga still has great potential but sadly you are delusional if you think the trash CUSA are planning to sell is anything to do with the Amiga, it's nothing more than an overpriced PC running a free Amiga emulator... Wink

You just said it yourself, "it's even better than this forum", so that puts CUSA products just above C.R.A.P. ... not much to boast about for something you claim to like eh... Wink

No actually C.R.A.P is just higher than CUSA since it informed me about the new Amiga range.. it looks a bit boxy but not many companies are doing much these days so i still think its great.   The more companies that do something the more PR will be brought back to our favourite platform.    I think your an opinions man, maybe you would be a good assets working at CUSA? The more help the better the platform?

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
@ 01011011

Well it would be a pretty dull boring and strange world if none of us had opinions or bothered to express them... Wink

Whether this site is CRAPPY or CUSA's products are CRAPPY, what does it matter !!!

At the end of the day everything you, I or CUSA have to say is nothing more than opinions, so you'll be happy to know that we're all just "opinion men"... Wink

What do you thinks is not CRAPPY in the amiga world?

Sir I just thought, X1000 is your favourite one? do you wish to purchase? It is new generation hardware. exciting as well but CUSA is cheaper..

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
01011011 wrote:What do you thinks is not CRAPPY in the amiga world?

That's easy... ME... Wink

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
01011011 wrote:Sir I just thought, X1000 is your favourite one? do you wish to purchase? It is new generation hardware. exciting as well but CUSA is cheaper..

You don't think very well then do you... Wink

Reckon you need your eye's tested as you're reading things that aren't there or you're just plain cuckoo... rofl

Gawd knows why you think the X1000 is my favourite computer as I sure as hell don't own one and never will, so methinks you're just some totally delusional CUSA staff member (or future staff member, Tedd Gallion etc...) or maybe even Barry boy himself desperately trying and failing to make yourself look smart... rofl

Bunders

Bunders
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
I was starting to worry that A.org would become a mouthpiece for CUSA but this thread CommodoreUSA CEO Interview Answers being Release April 16th suggests not. I guess there is still a chance that I'll be glad I read the interview answers. I reckon it's a pretty slim chance though.

B.

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
@ Bunders

Not so much a mouthpiece for CUSA just that Tedd Gallion cottoned on to the fact just over 18 months ago that a CUSA thread on Amiga.org generated bigger site traffic numbers and while I was there he asked me and others to help keep them of the front page to keep those site traffic figures up (I still have the mails and PMs from him that prove this)... :-|

That's the reason why Tedd is forever opening CUSA threads... site traffic figures... as he even said himself to me in an email "I hate that rich bastard Barry Altman"... Wink

So as long as CUSA threads keep people posting and viewing those threads on Amiga.org your stuck with them unfortunately... Sad

I even carried out my own experiment to test Tedds theory here with this thread and I have to say he was right. Even on an obscure site such as this this one CUSA threads alone generated more site traffic and views and the most number of people online at any one time...

Shame that Amigland has come to this but sadly those are the facts of the matter... Sad

Boggit

Hey Franko,

This might be a stupid question, but what does the owner of Amiga.org earn from more traffic to the forum? Can't say I've seen any adverts there for example. Hope you can enlighten me on this one. Wink

Been awfully quiet concerning these new "Amiga" computers lately.. seems like interest disappeared quickly. Doubt they've sold many machines at all.

Franko

Franko
Admin
Admin
@ Boggit

There aren't many ads on Amiga.org (mainly in a small banner near the top of the page) but as I run an adblocker I never see them...

Mainly though site traffic figures are not based on the ads companies pay to put on your site, site traffic figures are used to value a site when a potential buyer may wish to purchase your site. The higher the site traffic figures the more value your site has when when trying to sell it... Wink

But X1000 should be everyones favourite.. it is the most modern Amiga hardware closest to the native..

Who is this Tedd Galleon.   Sounds like he has his own ship??  with own buccaneers dare I say?   

I am not crazy forgive my english please.

I notice you are from scotland sir, was Amiga very big there?

What is hoose?  

I mind need to fundraise for X1000 is expensive

I just read Barry number 1 on google link

I read big trouble I did not know Barry big trouble.   his name ia Barry Altman no?  He must like ALT key as I think that when say his name would be strange if he called himself CtrlAltman I think that would be great be that close to ocmputer name.

Bunders

Bunders
A Wee Bit Chatty
A Wee Bit Chatty
yer hoose or yer hoosie is far aboots yi bide min.

Bunderstranslate-

Your house is where you live man. (hoose = house)
your house or your housie (doesn't really work) is where-abouts (again doesn't really work, just take it as "where") you stay (implies "live") man:

As you can probably tell, I too am from Scotland and while I can only speak of my experience in Aberdeen I would estimate that probably more than 60% of households with children of 15yrs +/- 5yrs had an Amiga of some kind in the late 80s / early 90s while maybe 10 / 15% had PC's / Mac's. The Amigas were used by kids / young adults to play games and learn about this new thing called "computing" and the PC's / Mac's were used by their parents who had professional work to do at home. But that's just my experience.

B.

Sponsored content

Back to top CUSA: - HAVE YOUR SAY ON THIS SUBJECT... [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum